District Forms & Notices


Excuses for your child's absence/tardy from school within (3) school days of the student's absence to excuse your child due to illness. Absences claimed by illness may require a report from a physician, or an examination by the school nurse. Absences for doctor/ dentist appointments, college visits, court appearances or religious reasons will still require an excuse from that specific entity. The originals should be sent to the school office or educational trips will still require the Educational Trip Form.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Angela Schlusser or Melanie Black, Attendance Officer, at (717)957-6000 option 5, option 1.

Excuses may be emailed to the following email addresses:

Please include the following in the email: Student first and last name, student grade level, date(s) of absences, reason for absences, parent/guardian name and phone number

If you have a medical excuse, please email it or drop it off at the building your child attends or send by USPS Mail to the building your child attends.

Help is available for individuals and families who are having trouble accessing food during the public health crisis and the recovery period to follow. DHS is continuing to process applications for SNAP and encourages people and families who need assistance to apply online at www.compass.state.pa.us. All SNAP applications are screened for emergency need, which can accelerate processing time. Any Pennsylvanian who is in a difficult financial situation due to the economic challenges of this pandemic should apply to see if they are eligible for assistance.

Pennsylvanians who need help feeding themselves or their family can also find and contact their local food bank or pantry through Feeding Pennsylvania and Hunger-Free Pennsylvania to access food resources in their community.


Transportation FAQs
This document provides answers to questions frequently asked of our building offices and transportation department.

Address/ Bus Stop Change
Use this form to request a change to your child's assignment, such as an ADDRESS CHANGE.

  • Requests will NOT be granted in the two (2) weeks prior, or two (2) weeks following, the first student day of the school year.
  • Requests will NOT be granted in the final two (2) weeks of the school year.
  • Requests must be submitted at least five (5) school days in advance the date of the proposed transportation change.

Request to Modify an Established Bus Route or Stop
Use this form to request a change to the bus route, such as ADDING OR MOVING A STOP.

  • By July 30th of each year, you may submit a request for the upcoming school year.
  • After July 30th, the District will only consider authorizing changes in the case of extreme hardship or emergency.